What are the different ways to use a rice cooker?
- How to use a rice cooker Rinse rice. Pour 1 cup of rice into a sifter, then run it under cold water. Combine rice and water. Open the top of your rice cooker and add the rice and 1-1/2 cups of water directly into the pot. Set it and forget it. Set your cooker to the appropriate setting, then turn it on. Fluff and serve.
How much water do you put in a rice cooker?
Measure the water.
- White, long grain – 1 3/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (420 mL water per 240 mL rice)
- White, medium grain – 1 1/2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (360 mL water per 240 mL rice)
- White, short grain – 1 1/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (300 mL water per 240 mL rice)
How do you cook white rice in a rice cooker?
Ingredient amounts in the recipe summary are for the default serving size.
- Wash rice. Wash 1 cup of rice in cold water.
- Add water. Add 1 cup of water.
- Cook. Place it in the rice cooker and select white rice (if there is an option).
- Serve. With a rice spatula, flip through the rice very gently.
How long does it take to cook rice in a rice cooker?
One cup of regular long, medium, or short grain rice typically takes 15 minutes to cook in a rice cooker, parboiled rice tends to take 20 minutes for 1 cup, and 1 cup of whole grain rice can take between 40 and 45 minutes.