- Combine Ben’s Original™ ORIGINAL CONVERTED® Brand Rice, water and butter (optional) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. REDUCE HEAT (medium, medium-low) and simmer covered 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
Is ‘Uncle Ben’ Rice Company owned by a black man?
- Mars Food, the owner of the brand Uncle Ben’s rice, which features an older black man smiling on the box, said on Wednesday afternoon that it would “evolve” the brand as protests over racism and police brutality across the country continue.
How much water do you use for Uncle Ben’s Rice?
Stir together 1 cup of Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice and 2-1/4 cups water in a medium saucepan.
Can you cook Uncle Ben’s rice in a rice cooker?
Rice Cooker Directions
While the stove top method is recommended, you can cook Uncle Ben’s converted rice products in a rice cooker. When preparing converted rice, use the measuring cup enclosed with the rice cooker, which is actually 2/3 of a cup, not 1 cup.
How much water do I need for 2 cups of Uncle Ben’s Rice?
COOKING MEASUREMENTS: LARGE QUANTITY
|Uncooked rice||Water (8 oz.)||Salt (optional)|
|2 cups or 1 lb.||5 cups||1 Tbsp.|
|4 cups or 2 lbs.||10 cups||2 Tbsps.|
|6 cups or 3 lbs.||15 cups||3 Tbsps.|
|8 cups or 4 lbs.||20 cups||¼ cup|
7 more rows
How do you cook Uncle Ben’s rice cups?
- Tear open the corner of the plastic lid slightly.
- Heat for 60 seconds in a 1000 W microwave.
- Stir through for the perfect finish. For different powered microwaves, adjust heating time to manufacturer’s instructions.
Is Minute Rice the same as converted rice?
Converted rice is actually steamed before the husks are removed. This process causes the grains to absorb the nutrients from the husk. Converted rice cooks in about 20 minutes. You can get converted (instant rice) in most any variety including white, brown and even basmati.
How long does it take to cook Uncle Ben’s Rice?