What is the best way to grill boneless pork chops?
- The easiest way to cook center cut boneless pork chops is on the gas grill. Preheat the grill on high for ten minutes while you season both sides of the chops with salt and pepper and a little oil. Place them on the grill and cook for 2-4 minutes until the meat changes color about a quarter of the way up on the grilled side.
Why are my pork chops tough?
Overcooked Pork Chops Are Tough
Because pork chops are such a lean cut, they are relatively quick-cooking and prone to overcooking.
This is partly due to carry-over cooking.
Even when you take the chops out of the oven or off the stovetop, they still continue to cook a tiny bit due to the retained heat.
How do you cook pork chops without drying them out?
How To Cook Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
- Buy bone-in pork chops.
- Add a flavor boost with a simple marinade.
- Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Start them on the stove; finish them in the oven.
- Add a splash of chicken stock to prevent the meat from drying out in the oven.
- Buy a meat thermometer — it doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Let it rest.
What is the secret to tender pork chops?
How to Make Tender Pork Chops
- Opt for Thick-Cut Bone-In Pork Chops. Thin-cut pork chops won’t sear properly in the time it takes to cook them through.
- Skip the Brine, but Season Liberally.
- Let the Pork Chops Rest.
- Sear Pork Chops Over Medium-High Heat.
- Baste the Pork Chops.
- Let the Pork Chops Rest, Again.
Should you cover pork chops when baking?
Cover the chops with foil that overlaps the pan enough to crimp the edges of the top foil over the edges of the bottom foil to form an airtight cover. Bake the pork chops in the foil cover at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees Fahrenheit.