What is the best way to eat sugar snap peas?
- Snap peas are best eaten raw or briefly cooked, such as in stir-fries or quick sautes. For a simple side dish, steam or blanch snap peas, then season with a bit of butter, salt, and pepper. Although stringless varieties are available, most sugar snap peas need to have the stringy seams removed before eating.
How do you prepare sugar snap peas?
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Toss the snap peas with sesame oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. These peas are best when a bit of crunch is left.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds to taste, and serve immediately.
21 Apr 2018
Can I boil sugar snap peas?
Boiling Sugar Snap Peas
Add the snap peas to the water and return it to a boil; then reduce the burner to medium-high heat. Cook the pods for about 3 minutes, just until they’re tender-crisp. For slightly browned, crisper sugar snap peas, finish them on the stove with a quick saute after boiling.
Why are my sugar snap peas tough?
If left on the plant for too long, those sugars are converted into starches: fibrous and tough, with less flavor. The sugars in these plants also begin to degrade into starch after harvest, which is why the sweetest snap pea is one that you eat from the vine! Shelling Peas. 1(a).6 Jul 2012
Can babies eat sugar snap peas?
Sugar snap peas are available year round. Their crisp texture and sweet flavor make them a welcome addition to many meals. Kids love sugar snap peas for the same reason adults do – they’re crunchy, sweet and fun to eat! This is a delicious salad that’s sure to be a hit at the dinner table or in the lunchbox.