Microwaved Steel Cut Oats
- Add oats and water to a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap and cook for 5 minutes on high power in the microwave.
- Carefully uncover, stir, and cook for another 5 minutes or until tender and thickened.
23 mrt. 2020
What is the best way to cook steel cut oats?
- Cooking steel-cut oats is easy-peasy — boil water, add oats, reduce heat, and simmer — but it does require some patience. The oats take a good 20 to 30 minutes to become tender and decide they want to make a porridge.
Can you put steel cut oats in the microwave?
To cook steel-cut oats in the microwave, a one part oats to four parts water.
Use a large glass bowl, and microwave on high, covered, for five minutes, and then uncovered for five additional minutes.
How do you microwave Steel cut oats without boiling over?
It never boils over for me when I do it that way.
- Place oatmeal and 1/2 C water/milk in a bowl in microwave.
- Set your microwave to 2 minutes and then hit the ‘Power’ button. Choose 8 or 80% power.
- Then hit start and go deal with your screaming toddler/teen/puppy. When you think… oh crap!
How do you cook steel cut oats fast?
For a delightful hot cereal you’ll love, combine our Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats with 2 cups of water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring your water to a boil, add your cereal and turn heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 5–7 minutes, then remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
Can you heat up overnight Steel cut oats?
You can store leftover overnight steel cut oatmeal in the refrigerator for a week and in the freezer for months. In order to reheat, simply mix your desired portion of steel cut oats with a little water or milk and warm it in the microwave or on the stove.