How do you use the Big Green Egg?
- Using the Big Green Egg as a smoker. To use your Big Green Egg as a smoker, all that is needed is charcoal and hardwood chips. Begin by mixing a full load of five pounds of natural lump charcoal with the smoking wood chips of your choice; hickory, apple, cherry, pecan, and more can all create their own unique flavor for your slow smoked meats.
What is the best thing to cook on a Big Green Egg?
- Arctic Char with Blood Orange Salad.
- Grilled Lobster Tails with Smoked Caper Cream.
- Cast Iron Seared T-Bone Steak.
- North African Lamb Shoulder with Tomato Relish.
- Big Green Egg Bacon-Wrapped Steakhouse Filet.
- Coconut & Chipotle Braised Chicken Legs.
- Seared Beef Spinalis.
- Midwood Street Corn.
How does the Green Egg work?
Cook like a chef and get creative with the EGG.
And with the EGG, cooking takes place with the lid down so that heat, moisture and flavour is preserved to perfection. Temperature and smoke quantity in the Big Green Egg is controlled by a patented air flow system.
Is the Big Green Egg worth it?
1- Versatility in what you can accomplish. When you buy a Big Green Egg, you are not just buying a grill or a smoker. If you want to sear a thick-cut-steak like a pro, you can get the Big Green Egg up to 750 degrees and do that as well. The Big Green also holds heat and surround cooks better than any pizza oven.
Why is a Big Green Egg so good?
Porcelain Glazed Ceramic Construction – The advanced ceramic material of the Big Green Egg is perfect for retaining moisture and heat within the grill. This is a big part of what makes the EGG so great! The ceramic helps keep the moisture in the food for succulent meats and food.