What are the best ways to cook green beans?
- One way to cook fresh green beans is to add them to a pot of boiling water. Then, turn the heat down and let the green beans simmer for 4 minutes or until they’re tender and crisp. You can also steam green beans by cooking them in a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes.
How do I cook green beans with bacon?
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Add to bacon mixture.
How do you cook green beans step by step?
Is it better to boil or steam green beans?
Steaming green beans is better than boiling because it prevents the beans from overcooking and preserves a vibrant green color.
How does Martha Stewart Cook green beans?
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt and return to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and 1 tablespoon water, cook until beans are cooked through and glazed with butter, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.