How do you know when Sunny Side Up eggs are done?
- As the egg cooks, it turns firm, and the white of the egg becomes opaque while the yolk thickens and grows slightly lighter in color. One of the most classic types of fried eggs is the sunny side up egg. A sunny side up egg is cooked only on one side, so the yolk tends to stick out and retain a rounded shape.
How do you make a sunny side up egg?
- Heat 1 tbsp (14.2 g) of butter on low in a cast iron or non-stick skillet.
- Tilt the pan to distribute the melted butter over the bottom.
- Break 1 egg gently into the pan, keeping the yolk intact.
- Crack another egg into the pan so that the whites don’t touch.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6 Sep 2019
How long do you cook sunny side up eggs?
Cover with a tight lid and cook, uninterrupted, until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still runny, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Slide the eggs out of the skillet onto a plate or toast. Season with salt and pepper.
Are sunny side up eggs safe to eat?
“To prevent illness from bacteria, keep eggs refrigerated, cook eggs until yolks are firm, and cook foods containing eggs thoroughly.” The rest of us can safely eat a sunny-side-up egg, Slaugh says, provided it’s cooked until the white is firm and the yolk has started to thicken.5 Feb 2010