How to Grill Bacon
- Simply lay out the bacon slices on the hot grill grates with a long pair of tongs.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Flip the bacon over and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
What is the best temperature to fry bacon?
- Let the bacon cook on the pan, keeping the temperature between 300 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It may seem like a higher temperature will give you crispier rashers, but you’re just more likely to end up with overcooked or burned bacon.
Is it better to fry or grill bacon?
To cook: Bacon can be fried, dry fried or grilled.
To fry, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan until hot, add the bacon and cook streaky or back rashers for 1–2 minutes on each side and steaks for 3–4 minutes on each side.
Dry frying is a healthier method of frying where only the melted fat from the meat is used.
Can you barbeque bacon?
Yes – if done with care. But you can’t just throw strips of bacon on a hot grill; that will create dramatic flare-ups as the bacon fat renders. You will end up with charred bacon, or worse, bacon ash. Done correctly, grilled bacon is smoky, delicious and just the right amount of crispy.
How do you cook bacon on a Weber grill?
- Grill at medium direct heat, 400-425 degrees, for 3-4 minutes per side directly on the grate.
- Remove when crisp.
- Add to a bloody mary, burger, or simply enjoy plain.
Can you eat bacon grill without cooking it?
You can eat it raw. Taste is individual, some people are OK with the taste and eat raw meat as long as they can find a source of meat fresh enough (think sashimi, carpaccio, steak tartare). Food safety is not a problem with bacon. The process of turning pork to bacon includes salt and smoke.