- Preheat Smoker to 225 Degrees F.
- Remove the skin and remove any excess fat from the turkey breast then place in an aluminum half pan.
- Coat the entire turkey breast with a light coating of mayonnaise.
- Place turkey breast in the foil pan on the pit and smoke for about 3 hours uncovered.
How do you cook a Turkey in a pellet grill?
- Preheat your wood pellet smoker-grill with hickory wood pellets to 200ºF and smoke the turkey for 2 hours. After 2 hours of hickory smoke increase the grill pit temperature to 350ºF and roast until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the breast reaches 170ºF.
How long does it take to smoke a bone in turkey breast?
3 1/2 to 4 hours
Should I smoke my turkey breast up or down?
If using a smoker, prepare it for cooking at 225° to 240°F and have enough smoking wood ready to last 3 to 4 hours or so. Place the turkey, breast side down, directly on the smoker grate. Smoke for 1 hour, maintaining the proper temperature in the smoker.10 Dec 2019
How many minutes per pound do you smoke a turkey breast?
What is the best temperature to smoke a turkey?
At 225 degrees F, you can plan on approximately 30 minutes per pound for your turkey to smoke. For example, this 15 pound turkey will take 7 and 1/2 hours at 225 degrees F. I always plan an extra 30 minutes, just in case. Use an instant read thermometer to check the temperature of the turkey in the breast and thigh.22 Oct 2019