How long should you cook a 10-lb. Turkey?
- Roasting Takes Hours. One way to cook a 10-lb. turkey is to roast it in the oven.
- Deep-Frying Is Faster. Deep-frying a completely-thawed 10-pound turkey takes about 35 minutes. Deep-frying a turkey is a popular way to cook the bird in the southern United States.
- Bottom Line. Time to eat!
How do you cook a moist turkey?
Salvaging not-so-perfect rice
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one.
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one.
- Brine the turkey.
- Rub soft butter under the skin.
- Truss loosely, or not at all.
- Roast the turkey upside down at first.
- Don’t overcook it.
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Tips for Roasting a Turkey
Cover your roasting pan with a lid or foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on size of your bird) and uncovered for the remaining time. Baste your turkey every half hour or so. However, basting will not make your turkey moister, but it promotes even browning of the skin.16 Nov 2018
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long do you cook turkey?
How long to cook a turkey
|Weight of Bird||Roasting Time (Unstuffed)||Roasting Time (Stuffed)|
|10 to 18 pounds||3 to 3-1/2 hours||3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours|
|18 to 22 pounds||3-1/2 to 4 hours||4-1/2 to 5 hours|
|22 to 24 pounds||4 to 4-1/2 hours||5 to 5-1/2 hours|
|24 to 29 pounds||4-1/2 to 5 hours||5-1/2 to 6-1/4 hours|
1 more row
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Placing aluminum foil on a turkey when roasting can be helpful. Use aluminum foil in one of two ways: enclose the turkey in the foil before roasting it in a hot oven; or, use the foil as a tent to control the level of browning. However, the turkey skin, though golden, isn’t crispy.
How do I keep my turkey from drying out?
A: There are only two things at the Thanksgiving table that should be dry: the wine and the humor. For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.