How long does it take to grill the perfect hamburger?
- Medium-rare (warm,red center): 6 minutes,or 130 to 135°
- Medium (warm,pink center): 7 to 8 minutes,or 140 to 145°
- Medium-well (hot,slightly pink center): 9 minutes,or 150 to 155°
- Well done (brown all the way through): 10 minutes,or 160 to 165°
How hot should the grill be for burgers?
Grill Temperature for Burgers
Generally, burgers should be cooked on Medium-High (approximately 375 degrees) to High (400 degrees).
Most gas grills have a built in thermometer to monitor the heat but you can buy a grill thermometer for charcoal grills too.
How do you grill a medium well burger?
For Medium-Well Hamburgers – 7 Minutes Each Side
Grill your burgers for 7 minutes on one side and then flip. Grill hamburgers for an additional 7 minutes or until the internal temperature is between 150 and 155ºF. The burgers will have a warm center with little to no pink at all.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
How do you grill hamburgers on a propane grill?
How to Grill Hamburgers on a Propane Grill
- Spray non-stick cooking spray on clean grill grates while the heat is still turned off.
- Turn the heat to high per your grill’s instructions.
- Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Fold the meat and seasonings together gently, using your hands.