What are the best Ham recipes?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the maple syrup, orange juice, ginger ale, brown sugar and honey. Place the ham into an oven bag, and carefully pour the juice mixture over it, keeping all of the juice in the bag. Bake the ham for 2 hours in the preheated oven.
How do I cook a precooked ham?
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Place the ham on a rack in a large baking pan and add about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch of water to the pan.
If the ham is labeled ‘fully cooked’ (does not require heating), heat it in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound, or to an internal temperature of 140 F.
Do you have to glaze a ham?
In short, you can glaze any ham! Regardless of which one you choose, glazing ham adds flavor, color, and sheen. Most hams available at your grocery store have been smoked and are fully cooked, simply requiring heating.
How do you make a ham glaze from scratch?
- 8-10 pound (4-5 kg) bone-in fully cooked ham,
- 1/2 cup water.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, reduce fat or full fat.
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- 1/2 cup honey.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
Can you glaze an already cooked ham?
Place the ham in the appliance and add the glaze ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-8 hours until ham is thoroughly heated. If you want to glaze the ham, place on a broiler pan and cover with glaze; broil 10″ from the heat for 10 to 15 minutes, watching carefully until the glaze is cooked.