How to Cook Filet Mignon on the Grill
- Grill a 1-inch chunk of meat for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F) doneness.
- A 112-inch cut should be grilled for 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F) doneness.
- Place the meat on a serving plate
How long do you cook a filet mignon on each side?
FILETS MIGNON & CENTER-CUT RIBEYES are two types of filets.
|Thickness||Rare 110 to 120 F||Medium Rare 120 to 130 F|
|1.5′||3 minutes EACH SIDE||3.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.75′||3.5 minutes EACH SIDE||4 minutes EACH SIDE|
|2′||4 minutes EACH SIDE||4.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
How do you grill a 2 inch filet mignon?
Place the filets on a grill over direct heat and cook until done. Allow for 4-5 minutes of searing time, or until a rich, golden-brown crust emerges. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes after flipping the filets over to the other side of the pan. Hold the filets on their sides with tongs, moving them every few minutes to ensure that both sides of the filets are seared.
How long should a filet mignon be cooked?
Depending on your chosen level of doneness, cook the filets in the oven for 5-8 minutes: 5-6 minutes for rare, 6-7 minutes for medium-rare, and 7-8 minutes for medium. Carefully remove the sauté pan from the oven and transfer the filets to a dish lined with parchment paper. Tent them with aluminum foil and set them aside for 5-7 minutes to rest.
How long do you cook a 2 inch thick filet mignon?
Remember to completely defrost your steaks before cooking them. Cook for 2 minutes on high heat on one side, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes on indirect heat. 1 minute before the midway point of the cooking time, turn the pans over. Preparation Time.
|Medium-Rare1 3/4 inches 2 1/2 inches||11-12 mins 13-14 mins|
|Medium1 3/4 inches 2 1/2 inches||12-13 mins 14-16 mins|
How do you grill a 2 inch steak on a gas grill?
Direct heat should be used to cook a 2-inch-thick steak. When the grill is medium (you may keep your hand at grill level for just 4 to 5 seconds), proceed as follows: cook the steak for 20 to 25 minutes for rare, and 27 to 30 minutes for medium-rare. In order to properly cook a 3-inch-thick steak, indirect heat should be used.
How long do you grill a 2 inch steak?
Using a 2-inch thick bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes on each side, flipping once halfway through, for the perfect medium-rare medium-rare medium-rare A meat thermometer should read 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long do you grill a 4 oz filet mignon?
What is the best way to grill filet mignon on a gas grill?
- Preparation time: 12 minutes
- 10 minutes of rest are required.
- Time allotted: 22 minutes total
What temperature should I grill filet mignon?
Grill fillet mignon steaks over direct grill fire at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Because most grills are not capable of maintaining a steady temperature at all times, you may choose to cook it at a little higher or lower temperature. For charcoal barbecues, cook over medium coals for the same length of time as for gas grills.
How do you cook filet mignon on a charcoal grill?
Grill the filets for 6-8 minutes each side over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are cooked through. Remove off the fire and place the filets over indirect heat for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until they reach the desired degree of doneness. My filets are best served medium rare, around 125°-135° degrees.
How long do you cook New York steaks on the grill?
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown and slightly scorched.
- Turn the steaks over and continue to grill for 3 to 5 minutes longer for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit), 5 to 7 minutes longer for medium (140 degrees Fahrenheit), or 8 to 10 minutes longer for medium-well (an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit) (150 degrees F).