What is sirloin tip steak good for?
Sirloin Tip Steak | Lean.
This boneless, lean cut is great value.
Makes good Kabobs, Stew Meat or Cubed Steak.
Given the name “Sirloin Tip” because anatomically it is located next to the tip of the Sirloin.
How do you tenderize sirloin tip steak?
To properly tenderize a steak, lay the steak out on a plate and cover each side with approximately 1 teaspoon of kosher/sea salt before cooking. Use your fingers to gently work the salt granules into the surface, breaking down the fibers of the meat. (For even more flavor, add crushed garlic to the salt.)
How do I cook the perfect sirloin steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
How do I cook a sirloin steak without a grill?
- PREHEAT oven to 250F. Place steaks on a rack over a baking sheet. Rub with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
- HEAT oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add steaks and sear until deep brown and crisp, about 3 minutes a side. Hold the steak on their sides and cook the edges for 1 min per side.