What is the best Pan to cook rice?
- Staub Cast Iron Petite French Oven. Perhaps the most effective and durable rice cooking pot, the Staub Cast Iron Petite French Oven offers the finest in rice cooking. Made of high-density cast iron, this 1.5-quart mini-French oven evenly distributes heat, and minimizes scorched, burnt rice.
What is the ratio of water to rice?
Ratio of rice to water absorption for cooking:
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups of water to 1 cup of uncooked rice.
What is the proper way to cook rice?
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, butter, and a large pinch of salt.
- Bring pan back to a simmer then lower heat and cook, covered, 18 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve.
20 Aug 2018
How do you cook perfect rice in a pot?
Follow These Steps
- Boil water and add salt. After you rinse your rice, pour fresh water (for every cup of rice, use 1¾ cups of water) into a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour in rice.
- Stir once, or just enough to separate the rice.
- Cover the pot and simmer.
- Fluff rice with a fork.
How long do you cook rice?
Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes (check only toward the end of cooking time).