What is the easiest way to cook quinoa?
- For quinoa, you usually want to cook it like rice. Use a 1:2 ratio. Rinse your quinoa under water. In your microwave safe dish, add 1 cup rinsed quinoa and 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth). Cook on high (normal mode) for 5 minutes, then cook on 40% power for 15 minutes. No need to stir in between.
How do you cook 1 cup of quinoa?
Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan
For 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, you’ll want 2 cups of water—this will yield 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer and pop the lid on.
What is the best way to cook quinoa?
- Rinse the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer.
- Toast the quinoa in a saucepan. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add liquid and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff and eat!
How do you cook quinoa without boiling it?
To start, bring your milk and rinsed quinoa grain to a boil in a small saucepan. Or, use a rice cooker like I do so you won’t need the stove at all. Let your rice cooker do its work, but if you opt for the stove option, simmer while covered and until most of the milk has been absorbed.
How is quinoa cooked?
- Rinse the quinoa to remove any debris or dust.
- Combine quinoa and stock or water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.