How does the Big Green Egg works?
- How The Big Green Egg Works! Load It Up! The patented two-layer design of the Big Green Egg is what makes it such a powerful grilling tool. Fire It Up! The smart design of the Big Green Egg allows it to heat up more quickly than any other charcoal grill on the market. Grill It Up!
What temperature do you cook pizza on the Big Green Egg?
Get to cooking and make some pizza on the Big Green Egg!
Heat Big Green Egg to 600-700F.
Add Conveggtor and Pizza Stone when grill is around 400F.
Roll out or stretch pizza dough so it forms an even circle.
How do you cook pizza on a green egg?
- Add lump charcoal to the Big Green Egg, filling to the first line.
- Place the plate setter in the grill, feet down.
- Close the lid.
- Generously sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza paddle.
- Place rolled out pizza dough on the paddle.
- Burp the egg (open it about one-inch to release some heat).
How long does it take for an egg to cook on a pizza?
Transfer to oven: Slide parchment onto stone or baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, then crack 1 egg on top of pizza, season with salt and pepper, and bake until egg sets and yolk is slightly runny, 5 minutes.
Can you use the ConvEggtor as a pizza stone?
An alternative setup for high temperature cooking is the ConvEggtor legs-down with the pizza stone directly on-top of the ConvEggtor (no grill grate used). If you are cooking pizzas above 400 degrees be sure to use a genuine Big Green Egg pizza stone. Kitchen grade stones can crack at high temperatures.