What is the best way to cook pork chops in the oven?
- Follow this step-by-step guide for easy oven-baked pork chops. Preheat oven to 400 F. Drizzle olive oil on each side of the pork chop. Place pork chops on a greased baking sheet, and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until the pork chops reach an internal temperature between 140-145 F. Let pork chops rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
How do you cook pork chops without drying them out?
How To Cook Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
- Buy bone-in pork chops.
- Add a flavor boost with a simple marinade.
- Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Start them on the stove; finish them in the oven.
- Add a splash of chicken stock to prevent the meat from drying out in the oven.
- Buy a meat thermometer — it doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Let it rest.
Why are my pork chops tough?
Overcooked Pork Chops Are Tough
Because pork chops are such a lean cut, they are relatively quick-cooking and prone to overcooking. This is partly due to carry-over cooking. Even when you take the chops out of the oven or off the stovetop, they still continue to cook a tiny bit due to the retained heat.
What is the secret to tender pork chops?
How to Make Tender Pork Chops
- Opt for Thick-Cut Bone-In Pork Chops. Thin-cut pork chops won’t sear properly in the time it takes to cook them through.
- Skip the Brine, but Season Liberally.
- Let the Pork Chops Rest.
- Sear Pork Chops Over Medium-High Heat.
- Baste the Pork Chops.
- Let the Pork Chops Rest, Again.
Should you cover pork chops when baking?
Cover the chops with foil that overlaps the pan enough to crimp the edges of the top foil over the edges of the bottom foil to form an airtight cover. Bake the pork chops in the foil cover at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees Fahrenheit.