What are some recipes for kielbasa?
- Directions Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 3-4 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and kielbasa until onion is tender.
How do you cook fresh kielbasa?
If you have our raw fresh or “white” kielbasa, place it in a large pot and cover with water.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes until internal temperature reaches 168° to 174° F.
You can then grill or roast as described below.
How long do you cook fresh Polish sausage in the oven?
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°.
- Step 2: Place sausages in the baking pan or dish.
- Step 3: Use the fork to poke holes on top of the sausage.
- Step 4: Bake the sausages for 15 to 10 minutes or until the skin is brown and cracks open.
How do you cook packaged sauerkraut?
Cooking Sauerkraut on the Stove
To make stovetop sauerkraut and sausage, strain the canned sauerkraut. Add it to a pot and cover it with just enough water to cover the sauerkraut. If desired, add 1 tablespoon of white wine for extra flavor. Bring the liquid to a boil.
What goes with sauerkraut and kielbasa?
i simply brown off the kielbasa in a skillet and dump the sauerkraut on top, cover and simmer, allowing the sausage to steam in the delicious kraut. Serve with potatoes (boiled or mashed, whichever you prefer) and applesauce or sautee’d apples. Cornbread goes well with all this as well.