What are good recipe for country style ribs?
- Directions Place ribs in an 11×7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with liquid smoke if desired and salt. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Drain ribs; top with half of the barbecue sauce. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat is tender, basting every 20 minutes.
Is it better to boil ribs before cooking?
Since the ribs are fatty, many cooks choose to parboil spareribs for a short time or boil for an extended period of time to tenderize the rib meat.
It is important that you simmer the ribs rather than cook them at a full boil for a long time.
The heat of a boil can result in tough meat.
What are country style ribs?
Country-style ribs are cut from the blade end of the loin close to the pork shoulder. They are meatier than other rib cuts. They contain no rib bones, but instead contain parts of the shoulder blade (scapula).
How long should I boil ribs before I put them on the grill?
Many grilling and barbecue enthusiasts will tell you the length of time you should boil ribs before cooking is zero minutes. Some cooks prefer to boil ribs before cooking and a typical time, with the ribs fully submerged in salted water, is around 45 minutes to an hour on a medium-low simmer.
How do you prepare ribs?
How We Cook Ribs in the Oven
- Remove the membrane (remember, this ensures fall-off-the-bone ribs).
- Generously season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cover the ribs with aluminum foil.
- Bake the ribs at a low temperature (275F) for 3 to 4 hours or until they are tender.