What are some recipes using angel hair pasta?
- Directions Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the angel hair pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir the oil, parsley, lemon juice and lemon peel in a large serving bowl. Add the cooked pasta and toss with enough reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten.
How long do you cook angel hair pasta?
Cook the pasta for three to five minutes and stir the water occasionally.
If you are using the angel hair in another recipe that requires cooking it, remove the pasta one or two minutes before it is done.
How do you know when Angel hair pasta is done?
Throw the pasta against the wall — if it sticks, it’s done.
The only way to know if it’s done is to taste it! It should be al dente, or firm to the bite. The more pasta cooks, the gummier it gets, so if it sticks to the wall it’s probably overdone.
How do you not overcook angel hair pasta?
How do you make angel hair?
COOKING YOUR PASTA
- Bring 4 – 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
- Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
- Return to a boil. For authentic “al dente” pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.