What temperature do you cook a top round roast?
- The simplest way to cook a whole top round roast is in the oven. Set the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and place the top round in a roasting pan. Roast the meat until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 125 F — one to two hours, depending on the size of the roast.
What is a top round roast good for?
Cut from the inside of the hind leg, top round roast is the cut that’s most commonly used for deli roast beef.
It’s also the same area that London broil is cut from.
As far as cheap cuts of beef go, top round roast is relatively lean and flavorful since this muscle isn’t as heavily worked.28 Mar 2017
How long do you cook a roast at 350 degrees?
- Heat oven to 350°F. Arrange roast and all vegetables in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Sprinkle with all remaining ingredients except water. Pour water over top. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F. for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Serve with pan juices.
How do you tenderize a top round roast?
From a long, slow cook to the power of a brine, here are six ways to get the job done.
- Pound it out. Pounding softens and tenderizes meat, making it easier to cut and eat.
- Harness the power of salt.
- Use an acidic marinade.
- Consider the kiwi.
- Give it some knife work.
- Slow cook it.
24 Mar 2017
How long does it take to cook a 3.5 lb roast beef?
Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast going about half way through the roast. You want the bottom of the thermometer to be in the center of the roast. Cook for 20 minutes a pound. A 3.5 lb roast takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes for a rare roast, but watch the thermometer reading.16 Mar 2012