How long does it take to cook a 15 lb Turkey?
- But generally, you will want to cook an unstuffed turkey for about 15 minutes per pound, at 325 degrees.
How long does it take to cook a 15 pound turkey?
This table from the USDA is based on a 325°F oven, and a fully defrosted or fresh bird.
(For an unstuffed bird, we’re talking roughly 15 minutes per pound.) If you want to cook a frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than the recommended times.25 Nov 2015
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How do I cook turkey instructions?
- Prepare the turkey for roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Add liquid to the roasting pan.
- Place the turkey in the oven and turn down the heat.
- Roast the turkey.
- Baste the turkey every 45 minutes.
- Check the turkey’s temperature.
- Rest the turkey before carving.
6 Dec 2019
What temperature do you cook turkey at?
Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The thermometer should point towards the body, and should not touch the bone. What temperature to cook a turkey: Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan, and into a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven (or follow recipe instructions).