- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and preheat a large frying pan on the hob
- Oil and season the steak
- Sear the steak on the hob until golden
- Transfer onto a baking tray and cook for 24 minutes
- Turn over after 12 minutes
- Rest the steak for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile make the mash potato by peeling and chopping the potatoes
- Boil for 10-15 minutes until tender
How does Chef Ramsay cook steak?
How does Gordon Ramsay cook a steak on the stove?
- Put your pan on the stove and heat it on medium heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and spread evenly.
- Put some olive oil onto the pan.
- Place your meat onto the pan.
- After 30 seconds, use a pair of tongs and turn the steak over.
- To add some flavor to the steak, add butter and garlic (and thyme).
How long does Gordon Ramsay cook steak?
For rare, cook 2-3 minutes within the first side, then flip the steak. About 1 1/2 minutes in the second side, melt butter into your pan.30 Jul 2015
How does Gordon Ramsay cook a steak medium rare?
How do I cook the perfect sirloin steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
Do you cook steak in butter?
Put the pan over high heat, and leave it until it is extremely hot. Add 1T butter and 2T olive or canola oil to the pan and watch for the butter starting to brown. Place the steak into the pan and reduce the heat to medium, cooking the first side for 4-6 minutes.
How long should you let a steak rest?
Here are three of the most common guidelines we found from chefs on how long should steak rest:
- Let the meat rest for five minutes for every inch of thickness.
- Let the meat rest for as long as you cooked the meat.
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes for each pound of meat.
What is the best way to cook a steak?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preheat a heavy, oven-safe skillet over high heat until it is smoking hot. Sear steaks in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side. If the steak has a side of fat, turn the steak onto its side and render the fat by searing it for 2-3 minutes as well.
How many minutes do you cook a steak?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
Do you oil the steak or the pan?
You put oil in the pan
Don’t go putting your vegetable oil or sunflower oil straight into your frying pan. When cooking steak you need to oil the steak itself to ensure that perfect outer texture once cooked, and of course so it doesn’t stick. Also, do allow your pan to get hot before frying up that piece of meat!
How do you make a steak like a chef?
How do you tenderize steak with salt?
To properly tenderize a steak, lay the steak out on a plate and cover each side with approximately 1 teaspoon of kosher/sea salt before cooking. Use your fingers to gently work the salt granules into the surface, breaking down the fibers of the meat. (For even more flavor, add crushed garlic to the salt.)
How do you keep steak from being chewy?
8 ways to make tough meat more tender
- Physically tenderize the meat. For tough cuts like chuck steak, a meat mallet can be a surprisingly effective way to break down those tough muscle fibers.
- Use a marinade.
- Don’t forget the salt.
- Let it come up to room temperature.
- Cook it low-and-slow.
- Hit the right internal temperature.
- Rest your meat.
- Slice against the grain.
How do you check the doneness of a steak?
Touch your middle finger to the tip of your thumb. That’s how a medium rare steak feels. Next, touch the tip of your ring finger to your thumb. This is what a medium-well will feel like.