What’s the best way to cook white rice?
- A foolproof recipe for cooking white rice. Bring the water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add the salt and butter and allow the butter to melt. When the water has returned to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the water return to a light simmer.
What is the ratio of water to rice?
Ratio of rice to water absorption for cooking:
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups of water to 1 cup of uncooked rice.
What is the proper way to cook rice?
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, butter, and a large pinch of salt.
- Bring pan back to a simmer then lower heat and cook, covered, 18 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve.
20 Aug 2018
How do you cook perfect rice in a pot?
Follow These Steps
- Boil water and add salt. After you rinse your rice, pour fresh water (for every cup of rice, use 1¾ cups of water) into a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour in rice.
- Stir once, or just enough to separate the rice.
- Cover the pot and simmer.
- Fluff rice with a fork.
How long does it take to cook 2 cups of white rice?
Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes (check only toward the end of cooking time).
How much water do I add to 1 cup of rice in a rice cooker?
White, long grain – 1 3/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (420 mL water per 240 mL rice) White, medium grain – 1 1/2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (360 mL water per 240 mL rice) White, short grain – 1 1/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (300 mL water per 240 mL rice)
How much water do I use for 2 cups of rice?
1. To cook long-grained white rice on the stove, use a 2 to 1 water to rice ratio. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. You can add an optional pinch of salt if you wish.
How much water do I use for 3 cups of rice?
As a general rule of thumb, use the accepted ratio of 1 cup of water per 1 cup of dry rice. Therefore, for 3 cups of rice, you would add 3 cups of water, if your cooker can hold that much. The rice-to-water ratio is tricky, though, because some rice cookers cook more quickly than others.
How does Jamie Oliver cook rice?
How much butter do I add to rice?
The proportions are generally two to one: two cups of water to one cup of rice. 2. Add the rice, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of butter, stir once.
How long does it take to cook a cup of jasmine rice?
In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine jasmine rice, 1½ cups water, and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Stir once, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 18 minutes. (Do not lift the lid or stir!)
How do you cook rice quickly?
How to Cook Rice in the Microwave
- Put Rice and Water in a Microwave-Safe Dish. Measure 1 cup of rice and add it to a microwave-safe dish—you’ll want one that can hold at least 1.5 quarts when making this quantity of rice.
- Place Your Rice in the Microwave.
- Cover the Rice, and Microwave it Again.
- Remove the Rice and Let it Stand.
How do you make rice not sticky and fluffy?
Is white rice healthy?
White rice is brown rice with the bran and germ removed. The bran and germ both contain valuable nutrients. As a result, white rice is lacking in some antioxidants, B vitamins, minerals, fats, fiber, and a small amount of protein.
How do I make 6 cups of white rice?
Here is my basic formula: To cook 3 cups of white rice, (which will yield 6 cups of cooked rice), in a 4-quart stockpot, bring 6 cups of water, minus 6 tablespoons of water, to which 6 tablespoons of butter has been added, to a rolling boil, meaning: Subtract 1 tablespoon of water for every tablespoon of butter you add
How do you add flavor to white rice?
How To Make Instant Rice Taste Good When You Need Dinner In A Hurry
- Add Herbs. A little oil, salt, and some oregano, basil, or rosemary can add instant oomph to a boring bowl of rice.
- Cook It In Broth.
- Add Cilantro And Lime.
- Drizzle On Soy Sauce.
- Sprinkle On Furikake.
- Mix In Salsa.
- Add Beans.
- Put An Egg On It.