What are some recipes for sirloin steak?
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat with garlic powder and minced garlic. Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper. Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
What is the best way to cook top sirloin steak?
Cooking Instructions: Top Sirloin
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- In skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Sear steaks 2 minutes on each side.
- Roast in oven 6 – 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
How do you tenderize top sirloin steak?
To properly tenderize a steak, lay the steak out on a plate and cover each side with approximately 1 teaspoon of kosher/sea salt before cooking. Use your fingers to gently work the salt granules into the surface, breaking down the fibers of the meat. (For even more flavor, add crushed garlic to the salt.)
Is beef top sirloin steak tender?
Top sirloin cuts include the butt tenderloin, which makes butter-soft steaks and roasts, as well as top sirloin steaks, which are also very tender. Steaks from the slightly chewier sirloin will generally be sold simply as “sirloin steak” but are still very good.
How long should you cook a sirloin steak?
Bake for 2 to 6 minutes, to your desired level of doneness. For a 1.5-inch (4 cm) thick steak, that’s usually 2 minutes for rare, 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for medium-well and 6 minutes for well done.