How long should you cook a 10-lb. Turkey?
- Roasting Takes Hours. One way to cook a 10-lb. turkey is to roast it in the oven.
- Deep-Frying Is Faster. Deep-frying a completely-thawed 10-pound turkey takes about 35 minutes. Deep-frying a turkey is a popular way to cook the bird in the southern United States.
- Bottom Line. Time to eat!
Do you cover a turkey when cooking it in the oven?
The Best Way to Cover Your Turkey While It Cooks.
To achieve that balance, the ideal is to let the bird spend time both covered and uncovered: We recommend covering your bird for most of the cooking time to prevent it from drying out, then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow the skin to crisp.
How many hours does it take to cook a turkey in the oven?
If your turkey weighs 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at: 425°F for 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 hours.
10. Calculate Turkey Roasting Time and Temperature
- 425°F for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 400°F for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours.
- 350°F for 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- 325°F for 3 to 3 3/4 hours.
16 May 2018
How do I cook turkey instructions?
- Prepare the turkey for roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Add liquid to the roasting pan.
- Place the turkey in the oven and turn down the heat.
- Roast the turkey.
- Baste the turkey every 45 minutes.
- Check the turkey’s temperature.
- Rest the turkey before carving.
6 Dec 2019
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
Should you put water in turkey roasting pan?
No. We do not recommend adding water to the pan because it creates a steam and may steam-burn the turkey. The turkey will produce its own flavorful juices. After cooking, you can extend the turkey’s juices with broth or wine, then add it to your gravy for extra flavor.
How do I keep my turkey from drying out?
A: There are only two things at the Thanksgiving table that should be dry: the wine and the humor. For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
165°F is the USDA recommended temperature for cooked turkey. The turkey will continue to cook for several minutes after you take it out of the oven, so take it out before the meat reaches those target temperatures. I usually take the the turkey out when the breast reaches 155°F to 160°F, and the thighs 155°F to 165°F.
How many minutes per pound do you cook turkey?
This table from the USDA is based on a 325°F oven, and a fully defrosted or fresh bird. (For an unstuffed bird, we’re talking roughly 15 minutes per pound.) If you want to cook a frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than the recommended times.
How long does it take to cook a 12 pound turkey?
How long to cook a turkey
|Weight of Bird||Roasting Time (Unstuffed)||Roasting Time (Stuffed)|
|10 to 18 pounds||3 to 3-1/2 hours||3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours|
|18 to 22 pounds||3-1/2 to 4 hours||4-1/2 to 5 hours|
|22 to 24 pounds||4 to 4-1/2 hours||5 to 5-1/2 hours|
|24 to 29 pounds||4-1/2 to 5 hours||5-1/2 to 6-1/4 hours|
1 more row