What are your favorite stir fry recipes?
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat until sizzling hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce,2 tablespoons minced garlic,1 tablespoon minced ginger,and 1 tablespoon chili paste to the pan.
- Add 1 pound trimmed green beans and ½ cup teriyaki sauce,then cover the wok or pan.
Do you boil vegetables before stir fry?
Many recipes call for crisper, more dense vegetables to be blanched, especially before stir-frying.
Vegetables with a high water content can release enough water during cooking to affect the taste of a sauce: blanching removes some of that excess water before the vegetables reach the wok or frying pan.22 Jan 2019
How do you stir fry properly?
How to Cook Stir-Fry Entrées
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet or wok over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers.
- Add the garlic, if using.
- Add the vegetables.
- If needed, add more oil to the pan.
- Push the cooked meat from the center up the sides of the wok or skillet.
- Return all vegetables to the skillet.
2 Jul 2019
What vegetables do you stir fry first?
Stir-fry onions first, then add hard vegetables such as carrot and broccoli. Quick-cooking vegetables, such as snow peas, leafy greens and bean sprouts, should be added towards the end of cooking.