What is the national dish of Puerto Rico?
- Arroz con Gandules. The actual national dish of Puerto Rico is Arroz con Gandules. This dish consists of rice, pigeon peas and a sofrito sauce. Heavily influenced by Spanish roots, the dish also has ham, chorizo, pork, red peppers, and olives included.
How do you make Puerto Rican white rice?
- Stir rice and water into a medium pot with lid. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and oil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Remove lid every 5 minutes to stir and sample rice.
- When rice is steamed to your liking, stir one last time to fluff; serve.
How do you make Puerto Rican rice from scratch?
How do you make arroz con gandules video?
What do you eat with arroz con gandules?
A traditional Puerto Rican dish, arroz con gandules is rice cooked with green pigeon peas. This orange-hued dish is full of flavor from the herby, peppery sofrito and pairs nicely with stewed chicken, pork, or red beans.