What is the easiest way to hard boil eggs?
- Here’s the easiest way to hard-boil eggs: place eggs in a pot and cover with an inch or two of cold water, bring to a rolling boil, and then turn off the heat and set the pot aside, covering with a lid.
How long does it take to hard boil an egg?
Place eggs in a large saucepan.
Cover them with cool water by 1 inch.
Cover the pan with a lid and bring water to a rolling boil over high heat; when the water has reached a boil, set the timer for the desired time.
Boil for 6 – 7 minutes over medium-high heat for perfect hard boiled eggs.
What is the best way to hard boil an egg?
Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.
How do you boil eggs step by step?
There are 4 steps to hard-boiling eggs:
- Place eggs in a saucepan or pot and cover with cold water.
- Put pan over high heat and bring water to a rolling boil. Remove pan from heat and cover.
- Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 14-17 minutes.
- Drain eggs and put in a bowl filled with ice water.