In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
4 jul. 2018
How long does it take to grill the perfect hamburger?
- Medium-rare (warm,red center): 6 minutes,or 130 to 135°
- Medium (warm,pink center): 7 to 8 minutes,or 140 to 145°
- Medium-well (hot,slightly pink center): 9 minutes,or 150 to 155°
- Well done (brown all the way through): 10 minutes,or 160 to 165°
- Grill your burgers over high heat.
- Avoid using your spatula to press down on your burgers while cooking.
- Flip your burgers only one time–about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare plus.
- If you get a flare up, cover the grill.
- Allow your burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Well-Done or Medium Rare?
- Medium-rare: Cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional four minutes.
- Medium: Cook patty on one side for three minutes.
- Medium well: Cook patty on one side for three minutes.
- Well done: Cook patty on one side for three minutes.
Heat the grill to medium. Place a flat cast-iron griddle on the grates at the center of the grill. When the grill and griddle are hot, place the burgers on the griddle and cook, covered, until the meat is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.Your kitchen offers many options for making burgers indoors.
- Use the broiler. The heat’s coming from the opposite direction, but it’ll get the job done.
- Use a broiler pan.
- Work the stovetop.
- Get creative.
- Open the oven.
- Go the appliance route.
- Spice it up.
Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Cook patties on the preheated grill until burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well burgers. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How long do you cook burgers on a gas grill?
IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
How hot should the grill be for burgers?
Grill Temperature for Burgers
Generally, burgers should be cooked on Medium-High (approximately 375 degrees) to High (400 degrees). Most gas grills have a built in thermometer to monitor the heat but you can buy a grill thermometer for charcoal grills too.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.