What is the best way to use flank steak?
- Flank steak is ideal for fajitas, stir-fries, and other applications that call for beef strips. Rest cooked steak for at least five minutes before serving, and slice thinly against the grain, preferably at a 45-degree angle, for the best texture.
How do you cut flank steak for fajitas?
What kind of beef is used for fajitas?
Is Fajita a flank steak?
Using tender flank steak, you can make an amazing and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love. It’s fajita time! A tender, marinated flank steak is cut into thin strips to top a crispy tortilla along with perfectly seasoned, sautéed pepper and onion. The trick to making great fajitas is the meat.
Is flank steak the same as skirt steak?
The main difference between the two comes down to how tough they are. Skirt steak is tougher thank flank, and carries a more intense flavor. This means that it can only be cooked as rare or medium-rare, and is usually best seared. If you prefer your steak well done or tender then I advise going for flank.
How do you Thinly slice flank steak?
How do you tenderize skirt steak for fajitas?
- Trim the fat off the skirt steak if there is any.
- Chill the meat.
- Pound out the flank steak with a meat tenderizer.
- Squeeze lime juice over the flank steak.
- Prepare the marinade by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Put skirt steak in marinade for 2 to 24 hours, and refrigerate.