- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the filet mignon steak.
- Set the timer for 4 minutes. Do not touch the steak until the timer beeps!
- Flip the filet mignon to another side.
- Set the timer again for 4 minutes.
- Remove the filet mignon from heat.
16 apr. 2013
Can you cook a steak in a nonstick pan?
You should never cook a steak in a non-stick pan.
The pan cannot get hot enough to sear the meat.
This is important for flavour.
Because non stick pans cannot be used at searing temperatures, putting a steak into the pan will cool it down quite substantially.
How does Gordon Ramsay cook filet mignon in a pan?
How do you cook a steak on a stove without a cast iron skillet?
- PREHEAT oven to 250F. Place steaks on a rack over a baking sheet. Rub with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
- HEAT oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add steaks and sear until deep brown and crisp, about 3 minutes a side. Hold the steak on their sides and cook the edges for 1 min per side.
How do you cook steak in a ceramic pan?
If using a ceramic skillet, we recommend you heat it up in the oven at 400 °F. Once it has been preheated, carefully place on the stove top and press the fatty side of the steak against it till some fat is released into the pan. then lay flat on one side.