How do you cook neck bones in a crock pot?
- Directions Add vegetable stock to crock pot. Add thyme, salt, and neck bones. Remove outer layers of onion and discard. Slice onion into quarters and put in crock pot. Cook on low 7-8 hours. (Overnight). Stir occasionally. *To serve with pinto beans. Wash pinto beans and soak over night. Remove neckbones from crock pot. Discard bones.
What are beef neck bones used for?
It gives plenty of time for the bones to lend flavor to the sauce and for the collagen from the connective tissues to melt, imparting body and a rich mouth feel.
You can use beef neck bones in any recipe calling for shanks or oxtail, but most involve simmering them in a sauce or other cooking liquid.
Are beef neck bones safe to eat?
Beef neck bones are an ideal recreational bone for dental hygiene. The bone is hard enough to pluck away at plaque but soft enough to eat and chew without damaging teeth. Not to mention that they are very meaty!!! Making them a great mid-day snack.
How do I cook beef neck?
- Preheat slow cooker to High.
- Clean neck bones and remove any excess fat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer neck bones and drippings to the preheated slow cooker; add beef broth and onion.
- Cook on High for 1 hour.