What is the best roast turkey recipe?
- Rub the skin with the softened butter, and season with salt and pepper. Position an aluminum foil tent over the turkey. Place turkey in the oven, and pour 2 cups turkey stock into the bottom of the roasting pan. Baste all over every 30 minutes with the juices on the bottom of the pan.
How long does a Spatchcock Turkey take to cook?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a roasting rack on a baking sheet.
- Turn the turkey over, breast-side down.
- Tuck the wing tips under the turkey and place on the roasting rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour 30 minutes, rotating baking sheet every 30 minutes.
How long do you smoke a Spatchcocked turkey per pound?
Spatchcock Turkey Smoking Time (Per Pound)
At 300°F, it should take about 10 to 12 minutes per pound for the Turkey to reach 165°F. Be sure to check the breast and thigh meat internal temperature. Note: It is recommended to use Mesquite Hardwood Pellets with this recipe.
How do you cook a Spatchcocked Turkey video?
How long will it take to cook a 20 lb Spatchcocked Turkey?
A smaller bird will cook more quickly; start checking at 45 minutes for a 12-pounder, while an 18- to 20-pound bird could take an hour to an hour and 20 minutes. Larger birds may take up to 1 1/2 hours or even longer.15 Nov 2012