How do I bake a smoked ham?
- Preheat the oven to a minimum of 325 degrees Fahrenheit, or according to your recipe. Cover the roasting pan in aluminum foil. Determine how much each ham weighs. For a smoked half ham which requires cooking before eating, heat for 22 to 25 minutes per pound, for a smoked half ham that has previously been cooked, cook for 18 to 24 minutes per pound.
Is a smoked ham roast already cooked?
The answer, in short, is if it is cured, smoked or baked, ham is considered “pre-cooked,” and would not technically need to be cooked.
You can also buy fresh ham, and it would have to be cooked prior to eating.
You can identify if the ham has been processed as the package will say what type of ham it is.
How do you cook a already smoked ham?
Cut the ham free from the package, cover it in foil and reheat it to a good serving temperature. Cooking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes per pound should do the trick, depending on the type of ham (whole or half, bone-in or no bone ― these specifics are outlined here).
How long does it take to cook a precooked ham?
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the ham on a rack in a large baking pan and add about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch of water to the pan. If the ham is labeled ‘fully cooked’ (does not require heating), heat it in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound, or to an internal temperature of 140 F.
How do you cook a smoked ham at Walmart?
- Place ham, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting.
- Roast 12 to 16 minutes per pound in 325ºF oven or until thermometer reads 120ºF.
- Remove ham from oven.
- Mix honey, mustard and ground cloves; brush on ham.
- Cover ham with tent of aluminum foil and let stand about 10 minutes or until thermometer reads 140ºF.