What can I cook with a flat iron steak?
- Enjoy your steak with a splash of Worcestershire sauce, A1, or chimichurri, or keep things simple with a dash of salt and pepper. When sliced thin, flat iron steak is also perfect for topping salads, stuffing quesadillas, or piling onto grilled sandwiches.
How long do you cook a steak in the oven at 350?
Immediately place the steaks into a shallow baking dish with a cup of wine.
Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes (7 for rare, 10 for medium rare) Remove and flip the steaks.
Return them to the oven for another 7-10 minutes on 350.
What is flat iron steak good for?
Flat Iron Steak. Extremely tender, well-marbled and flavorful and great for grilling. Cut from the Top Blade. Cutting method removes internal connective tissue from the whole Top Blade, allowing this cut to deliver as the second most tender cut.
What temperature do you cook flat iron steak?
Simply preheat your grill for medium-high heat cooking (approximately 400 degrees). Rub the steaks with a little olive oil, then season liberally with Kosher salt and ground black pepper. Grill the steaks over direct heat for 5-7 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 130 degrees for medium rare.
How do you smoke a flat iron steak?
Smoke Flat Iron Steaks
- Place steaks directly on the grate of smoker.
- Smoke at 225°F for about 45 minutes or until they reach desired doneness.
- Let steaks rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with smoked twice baked potatoes.