Using a 2-inch thick bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes on each side, flipping once halfway through, for the perfect medium-rare medium-rare medium-rare A meat thermometer should read 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover your steaks with aluminum foil for 5 minutes before serving to allow them to rest.
What is the best way to grill a 1/2 inch ribeye?
- 1 Begin with ribeye steaks that are prime or premium.
- I’m looking for anything between 14 and 12 inches thick and 12-16 ounces in weight.
- As the steaks are resting, heat your grill to a temperature of around 450-500°F.
- 3 If there is a layer of trimmable fat present, remove as much of it as possible.
- 4 Place the steaks on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- 5 Remove yourself from the situation and relax for at least 5 minutes.
How to cook ribeye steak on a charcoal grill?
Directions. 1 Take the steaks out of the refrigerator and set them aside. Do this at least 30 minutes before you want to cook (but no more than an hour). 2 Season the steaks with salt and pepper. 3 Clean the grates on your grill. 4 Preheat your grill to high heat. 5 Place the ribeye steaks on the grill and cook until done. There are more items.
How do you cook a ribeye steak on a Weber grill?
Grill the ribeye steaks until they are medium rare. 4-5 minutes on each side over direct heat for medium rare is the recommended cooking time. You might be wondering why you need a two-zone configuration. If your steaks are getting close to being done, you may transfer them to the cool side of the grill to finish them off more quickly.
How long do you cook a steak on the grill?
Close the cover of the grill and place the steak on it over indirect heat to cook. The first side of the steaks should be cooked for 8 to 13 minutes depending on how well done you want your steaks to be.