Preheat a grill to the maximum heat it can handle, anywhere from 500 to 700 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on how hot your grill gets when cooking. Remove the tuna from the water and season well with salt and pepper. Preheat the grill for 30 to 60 seconds per side, or until the exterior is cooked but the inside is still raw.
What is the best temperature to cook tuna steak?
- Following a searing at such high temperature, we have discovered that the internal temperature of a tuna steak can rise by as much as 25°F (14°C) after it has been withdrawn from the heat source!
- Cooking the tuna steak to a final temperature of around 90°F (32°C) produces a delightfully rare steak that is still red in color and has the luscious texture that is the trademark of an excellent tuna steak.
How to cook tuna steak in a pan with oil?
Preheat a skillet with up to one tablespoon of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Using one of the tuna steaks, drop it in the pan when the pan is hot and a few wisps of smoke are coming off the oil. Press the tuna steak down slightly to ensure proper contact. Cook the steak for a little more than a minute before flipping it.
How long to cook tuna steak on each side?
When they are inserted, the searing heat will cause them to sizzle, and they should be cooked for 4 to 6 minutes per 12 inch thickness (2-3 minutes on each side). The tuna steak should be pink in the middle when done, and it should be turned once throughout the cooking process. Make sure not to overcook the tuna steak, otherwise you’ll end up with a dry piece of tuna steak!
How to cook tuna in the oven?
- The remedy is to sear the meat.
- Here’s how to prepare superb, restaurant-quality tuna using this simple approach.
- Step 1: Season one side of the tuna with salt and pepper to taste, then cover with sesame seeds.
- Step 2: Cook the tuna as directed on the package.
Repeat the process on the other side.Step 2: Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then carefully add the tuna to the pan and cook until the tuna is cooked through.