How do you know when Sunny Side Up eggs are done?
- As the egg cooks, it turns firm, and the white of the egg becomes opaque while the yolk thickens and grows slightly lighter in color. One of the most classic types of fried eggs is the sunny side up egg. A sunny side up egg is cooked only on one side, so the yolk tends to stick out and retain a rounded shape.
How long do you cook sunny side up eggs?
Cover with a tight lid and cook, uninterrupted, until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still runny, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
Slide the eggs out of the skillet onto a plate or toast.
Season with salt and pepper.
How do I make perfect sunny side up?
How do you make a sunny side up egg?
- Sunny-Side Up. For sunny-side up eggs, start with a hot nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Crack the Eggs. Crack the eggs into individual bowls.
- Add the Eggs to the Pan. Add the eggs side by side in the pan.
- Cover When the Edges Turn White.
- They’re Ready.
- Over Easy Eggs.
How do you know when a sunny side up egg is done?
As the oil gets hotter you’ll see it start to change the color of the eggs. If the oil starts to spit it’s because it’s too hot, so turn the heat right down. Cook until the tops of the whites are set but the yolk is still runny. When they’re ready, remove the pan from the heat and take the eggs out using a spatula.