What are the best steak recipes?
- Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed. Pour marinade over desired type of meat. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.
How do you make a New York strip steak tender?
What is the best way to cook a steak?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preheat a heavy, oven-safe skillet over high heat until it is smoking hot. Sear steaks in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side. If the steak has a side of fat, turn the steak onto its side and render the fat by searing it for 2-3 minutes as well.
Do you cook steak in butter?
Put the pan over high heat, and leave it until it is extremely hot. Add 1T butter and 2T olive or canola oil to the pan and watch for the butter starting to brown. Place the steak into the pan and reduce the heat to medium, cooking the first side for 4-6 minutes.
How does Gordon Ramsay cook the perfect steak?
Should I tenderize NY strip steak?
Large pieces can be cut from this section of the cow, which means that New York strip steaks are larger than other steaks. These steaks can be tenderized before they are cooked. This makes the steaks more delicious and easier to chew.
Do I need to tenderize NY strip steak?
Ribeyes rarely need tenderizing but NY strip steaks and sirloins almost always do. Rinse and pat dry the steak then literally cover the steak with salt till the meat is barely visable on both sides.
Is it better to cook steak in butter or oil?
Extra virgin olive oil has a low smoke point of around 320 degrees, and butter is a bit higher at around 350 degrees. Better choices for grilling or frying steak include peanut oil, canola oil, and extra light olive oil, all of which have smoke points above 400 degrees.
How can I make my steak juicy and tender?
To properly tenderize a steak, lay the steak out on a plate and cover each side with approximately 1 teaspoon of kosher/sea salt before cooking. Use your fingers to gently work the salt granules into the surface, breaking down the fibers of the meat. (For even more flavor, add crushed garlic to the salt.)
How do you make steak tender?
8 Simple Ways to Make Tough Meat Tender
- Physically tenderize the meat. For tough cuts like chuck steak, a meat mallet can be a surprisingly effective way to break down those tough muscle fibers.
- Use a marinade.
- Don’t forget the salt.
- Let it come up to room temperature.
- Cook it low-and-slow.
- Hit the right internal temperature.
- Rest your meat.
- Slice against the grain.
What heat should you cook steak?
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. When oil is just about to smoke, add steak. Cook 7 minutes, then flip and add butter.
- Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
How do you make steak without butter?
Use vegetable oil (canola/rapeseed, corn, peanut, sunflower, safflower, or blend) instead. Do not pepper the steak before frying as pepper will burn and turn bitter. Add fresh pepper just after you remove it from the pan to rest. If you want a pepper flavor inside the steak use a marinade.
What steak is best to pan fry?
The best steaks for cooking on the stovetop are boneless steaks that are between one and one-and-a-half inches thick. Thicker cuts like a New York strip steak or a boneless rib-eye work best for this method.
How long should you let a steak rest?
Here are three of the most common guidelines we found from chefs on how long should steak rest:
- Let the meat rest for five minutes for every inch of thickness.
- Let the meat rest for as long as you cooked the meat.
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes for each pound of meat.
How long do you cook a steak on each side?
Cook a 2cm-thick piece of steak for 2-3 minutes each side for rare, 4 minutes each side for medium, and 5-6 minutes each side for well-done. Turn the steak only once, otherwise it will dry out. Always use tongs to handle steak as they won’t pierce the meat, allowing the juices to escape.
Do you oil the steak or the pan?
You put oil in the pan
Don’t go putting your vegetable oil or sunflower oil straight into your frying pan. When cooking steak you need to oil the steak itself to ensure that perfect outer texture once cooked, and of course so it doesn’t stick. Also, do allow your pan to get hot before frying up that piece of meat!