How early can you dry rub ribs before cooking?
- A dry rub is a combination of herbs, spices, and aromatics with salt. It gets applied to the meat about two hours before cooking to provide flavor and trap in moisture. It does this by working like a dry brine.
How long should dry rub be on ribs before cooking?
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except the ribs.
Rub spice mixture all over the ribs.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate ribs for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
Do you cook ribs meat side up or down in the oven?
Place two large pieces of foil (stacked) on a baking sheet. Rub one of the rib racks with your favorite barbecue rub on both sides, then place the rack meat- side down on the foil. Place another two layers of foil on top of the rack.
How do you make dry ribs moist?
Moist, gentle heat and a wet vinegary sauce can save dry ribs. Here’s what to do: Make a 50/50 mixture of your favorite BBQ sauce and apple cider vinegar and coat the ribs in this mixture. Then wrap the ribs tightly in foil and put them in a low oven (say 300°F) for about an hour.
How do you make rib rubs from scratch?
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL paprika.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion powder.
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne.