How do you cook popcorn on the cob?
- Boil the whole cob in water or stick it on the grill. Simply grab a can of corn from the store or switch it up with some popcorn. There’s no wrong way, except when you want it done quickly. The microwave is the best way to get around time, giving us quick corn on the cob in minutes.
How do you microwave corn?
- Place 1 to 4 ears of corn in the microwave. Place 1 to 4 ears of corn, un-shucked, in the microwave in a single layer.
- Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes. For just 1 or 2 ears of corn, microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Set the ears on a cooling rack or cutting board to cool.
How long does it take to boil corn on the cob?
Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Add the peeled corn on the cob. Cover and return to a boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
How long do you warm up corn on the cob in the microwave?
How to Reheat Corn on the Cob in the Microwave
- Place the corn on a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the corn with either a damp towel or plastic wrap.
- Set the timer for 10-20 second bursts — this will ensure the corn doesn’t just pop (and by the way you won’t get popcorn from pre-cooked corn).
- Reheat until the corn is warm.
Can you microwave corn on the cob to make popcorn?
Put whole corn cob, or extracted kernels, into a medium-size paper bag. Fold the end of the bag over twice, and microwave on high heat until popping slows to between 2–3 seconds. Be careful of steam when you open the bag. Enjoy your popcorn on the cob!