How long does it take to grill the perfect hamburger?
- Medium-rare (warm,red center): 6 minutes,or 130 to 135°
- Medium (warm,pink center): 7 to 8 minutes,or 140 to 145°
- Medium-well (hot,slightly pink center): 9 minutes,or 150 to 155°
- Well done (brown all the way through): 10 minutes,or 160 to 165°
How do you cook burgers on a Weber charcoal grill?
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.30 Aug 2019
How do you grill hamburger patties?
- Grill your burgers over high heat.
- Avoid using your spatula to press down on your burgers while cooking.
- Flip your burgers only one time–about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare plus.
- If you get a flare up, cover the grill.
- Allow your burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
22 Jun 2011
How do you light a charcoal grill?
How long do you grill burgers at 400?
Lightly season the patties on both sides with salt and pepper. Spread the cut side of the buns with the butter. Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 9 to 11 minutes, turning once.
How much charcoal do you put in a burger?
When working with charcoal, the basic rule is the more coal, the hotter your fire. You do not need much if you are just cooking easy stuff like burgers, dogs, brats. Maybe 15 – 20 coals will do the trick. If you want a blazing hot fire for searing steak, for instance, then you’re going to need a lot more.