What is the fastest way to cook Broccoli?
- Boiling is the fastest method for cooking broccoli. I usually use it when I’m serving broccoli at room temperature (in a salad, for example). Boiled broccoli will continue to cook after it comes out of the pot, so cool it quickly.
How do you steam vegetables without a steamer?
The technique is simple: fill a medium pot with 1/2 inch of water, place three golf ball–sized balls of aluminum foil on the bottom, rest a heat-proof plate on top of the foil balls, cover the pot, and bring the water to a boil. Add vegetables to the plate, cover, and steam until crisp-tender.
What is the easiest way to steam broccoli?
Bring about an inch of water to a boil in the bottom of a pot into which your steamer basket or insert fits. Put trimmed and cleaned broccoli florets in the steamer basket, set over the boiling water, cover, and steam until tender to the bite, about 3 for crisp-tender and up to 8 minutes for fully tender florets.
How long should you steam broccoli?
Cut broccoli into 2-inch florets. In a steamer set over boiling water steam broccoli, covered, until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. While broccoli is steaming, finely chop garlic and in a small skillet combine with oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
How do you steam broccoli in a colander?
- Place a steam basket or colander into a large saucepan.
- Add broccoli and enough water to cover the bottom of the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp when pierced with a fork.