How long do you cook a Turkey in a convection oven?
- Cook the turkeys for a total of about 2 to 4 hours. A 10-lb. turkey in a convection oven requires about 2 hours of cooking, while the cooking time increases to 3 hours in a conventional oven.
What temperature do you cook a turkey in a convection oven?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F on the convection setting.
- Wash the turkey inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place turkey on roasting pan and brush with olive oil.
- Cut and loosen the skin from the turkey breast and rub rosemary and thyme onto the turkey.
How many minutes per pound do you cook a turkey in a convection oven?
Cooking a Turkey in a Convection Oven
|Unstuffed (10-15 lbs.)||8-11 min./lb||325|
|Unstuffed (over 15 lbs.)||7-10 min/lb.||325|
1 more row
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven or regular oven?
When it comes to cooking turkey, convection ovens cook the Thanksgiving bird more quickly (about 30% faster) and evenly than standard ovens. This is a result of internal fans that actively circulate hot air within convection ovens. Alternatively, regular ovens are usually set for 350°F when cooking turkey.