How to Cook Cowboy Steak in the Oven
- Be sure your steak is completely thawed.
- Bring the meat to room temperature.
- Place steaks on the rack of a broiler pan.
- For the perfect medium-rare steak, broil in the oven for 19-21 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point.
How long do you cook a thick steak on the grill?
- A 3/4-inch-thick rib eye takes 11 to 14 minutes to grill and eight to 10 minutes to broil or panfry. Thicker steaks — up to 1 1/2 inches thick — take 17 to 22 minutes for grilling. For broiling, allow 21 to 27 minutes, and for skillet cooking, allow 12 to 15 minutes.
How do I cook a 2 inch thick steak?
Turn and sear for 2 to 3 minutes, until deep brown, then transfer the pan to the oven.
Roast for 15 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 120 to 125 degrees for rare or 125 to 130 degrees for medium-rare; the cooking time will depend on the thickness of the steak.7 Nov 2012
How do you cook a really thick steak?
Salt and season your steak while it comes to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 250F. Place the steak in an elevated roasting pan and place it in the oven. Roast the steak until a digital thermometer reads about 10-15 degrees below your goal temperature (pull at 115F or 120F if your goal is 130F for medium rare).6 Jun 2017
How long do you pan fry a 2 inch steak?
Sear for 3 minutes without moving the steak (to form a crust). Turn and cook for 2 minutes for rare or 3 to 4 for medium rare. Remove the steaks from the pan and let them rest on a board or platter for a few minutes before serving.
How do you cook a 2 inch ribeye steak?
For the perfect medium-rare thick-cut bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil.
How do you grill a 2 inch steak?
To cook a 2-inch-thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 20 to 25 minutes for rare, 27 to 30 for medium. To cook a 3-inch-thick steak, use indirect heat.
How do you grill a 2 inch thick ribeye steak?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).