- A complete packer brisket should be able to feed 10 to 20 people, depending on how much of it is made and how much it weighs.
- A complete packer typically weighs 12 to 15 pounds, so if you intend on serving one pound of raw brisket per person, you should be able to get 12 to 15 servings out of one pound of raw brisket.
- A single brisket flat weighing 6 pounds should be plenty to feed 6 people.
How many people will 1 pound of brisket feed?
Typically, 1 pound of uncooked brisket will serve 1 to 2 individuals. Cooked brisket will normally serve two people per pound of meat. It is unrealistic to expect each individual to consume 12 pounds of cooked brisket, but it will alleviate any tension if an additional person is invited to dinner or if someone requests seconds or thirds after the first serving.
How much does a whole brisket cost?
- It is common for whole packer brisket to cost between $2 and $6 a pound, depending on your location and the quality of the beef you purchase.
- In light of the foregoing, three distinct slices of brisket are available for purchase, each having a different price per pound connected with it.
- In terms of weight, the flat brisket is the leanest section of the brisket and normally weighs between 6 and 10 pounds.
How much does 1 pound of brisket shrink in cooked meat?
- One pound of raw brisket yields around one and a half pounds of cooked meat.
- A combination of three factors is responsible for this significant level of shrinkage: Whole briskets may be quite fatty pieces of meat, therefore they must be trimmed before they can be placed in the oven to cook.
- The majority of the cutting will be done on the point muscle because of the high quantities of fat there.
What should I expect from a brisket?
- I’d never had a brisket before, so I wasn’t sure what I should expect.
- In general, you could expect around 70% on the flat and 60% on the point, depending on how well you trim it.
- If you are offering the point as snacks, you will be able to reduce the amount of food you consume.
- The next question is, what are you going to do with it?
Is the brisket the only meat on the menu, and there are just a handful of side dishes to accompany it?
How much brisket do I need for 20 adults?
Calculate the amount of brisket you’ll need. Some folks will consume more calories. Some people will consume less calories. Because brisket is typically served with a large amount of other food, you may find yourself with leftovers, which is never a bad thing. In other words, if you need to feed 20 people, you should purchase 12 pounds of brisket.
How much brisket do I need for 7 adults?
Generally speaking, butchers advise estimating around 12 pounds of uncooked weight per person. I always finish up with at least two pounds more than the required quantity, which allows for visitors to eat larger amounts and, ideally, leaves you with some delicious leftovers to enjoy the following day.
How much brisket do I need for 8 adults?
Butchers recommend that you use roughly half a pound of flat cut brisket per person when braising flat cut brisket. In the landmark cookbook Joy of Cooking, braised brisket recipes ask for 3 to 3 12 pound pieces to feed 6-8 people or between 14 and 12 pound per person, depending on how many are being served.
How much brisket should I order per person?
It’s preferable to allocate between 14 and 12 pounds of beef per person when cooking brisket. When it comes to portion control, you may always up the amount to 12 to 34 ounces, just to be on the safe side of things. If there is any leftover brisket, your visitors are likely to be happy to take some with them to their own homes.
How big is a whole beef brisket?
For a variety of reasons, the cut is intimidating to those who are unfamiliar with it. First and foremost, it is enormous: Packer brisket (so named because it is carried from the packing house in this manner) weighs between 12 and 18 pounds, making it the biggest cut of beef that most people will ever attempt to cook at their own.
How long do I smoke a 15 lb brisket?
Smoke a 15-pound brisket for 10-12 hours, then allow it to rest for 1 hour. Smoke a 20-pound brisket for 12-16 hours, then allow it to rest for 1 hour.
Does brisket shrink when smoked?
When you cook your brisket in the smoker, you should expect it to shrink by 30 to 40% during the cooking process. Keep in mind that a 15-pound whole packer cut should provide 9 to 10-1/2 pounds of cooked brisket if you start with a 15-pound whole packer cut.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound brisket?
To estimate your anticipated cooking time, multiply 1.5 hours by the number of pounds you intend to cook. Therefore:
- 3-4 pound brisket = 4.5–6 hours on the grill
- 7–11 hours of cooking time for a 5-7 pound brisket
- 8-10 pound brisket requires 12 To 15 hours of cooking time.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel to be the first to know when new videos are posted
How much should I charge to smoke a brisket?
Due to the fact that the 14-pound brisket should generate 7 pounds of cooked meat, you may use this figure to calculate your per-pound pricing. Therefore, you should charge $30 per pound of meat at the time of sale since 210 divided by 7 = 30.
How many will a 13 lb brisket feed?
When I smoke a brisket, I estimate that an average brisket (12-13 lbs) will feed 15-20 people on the majority of times. In all honesty, when I have a mixed group of people, the number is generally closer to 20. (which is usually the case). Some people will eat a pound of meat, but a lot of youngsters will take two slices of meat on a piece of bread.