When determining how long to cook filet mignon by direct grilling, use the following guidelines:
- Grill a 1-inch chunk of meat for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F) doneness.
- A 112-inch cut should be grilled for 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F) doneness.
How long do you grill filet mignon per side?
FILETS MIGNON & CENTER-CUT RIBEYES are two types of filets.
|Thickness||Rare 110 to 120 F||Medium 130 to 140 F|
|1.5′||3 minutes EACH SIDE||4 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.75′||3.5 minutes EACH SIDE||4.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
|2′||4 minutes EACH SIDE||5 minutes EACH SIDE|
How long do you cook a filet mignon about 2 inches thick?
Remember to completely defrost your steaks before cooking them. Cook for 2 minutes on high heat on one side, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes on indirect heat. 1 minute before the midway point of the cooking time, turn the pans over. Preparation Time.
|Medium-Rare1 3/4 inches 2 1/2 inches||11-12 mins 13-14 mins|
|Medium1 3/4 inches 2 1/2 inches||12-13 mins 14-16 mins|
How long do you grill a 2 inch filet mignon for medium-rare?
Rare – 12-14 minutes (130-135 degrees Fahrenheit) Medium Rare – 14-16 minutes (140 degrees Fahrenheit – the ideal cooking temperature for Filet Mignon) Medium – 16-18 minutes (155 degrees Fahrenheit)
How long do you cook 2 inch steaks on the grill?
Using a 2-inch thick bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes on each side, flipping once halfway through, for the perfect medium-rare medium-rare medium-rare A meat thermometer should read 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you grill a 1.5 inch filet mignon?
Medium-Rare Filet Mignon grilled on the grill (recommended)
- Grill for 7-8 minutes for a 1-inch steak and 9-11 minutes for a 112-inch steak, flipping once at the halfway mark.
- Allow your steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving, loosely covering them with aluminum foil.
How do I cook a 2 inch filet?
Sear the filets for 2 minutes each side on the stovetop in a cast iron pan over high heat with real butter or oil, then move to a preheated oven at 415° F to finish cooking. If I want my filets medium-rare, I bake them for around 5-6 minutes at 350 degrees. The benefit of cast iron is that it can simply be transferred from the burner to the oven.
What temp should I grill filet mignon?
With direct heat, cook filets on a medium grill at a surface temperature ranging from 450° up to 500°, but not exceeding 500°, until done.
How long do you cook a fillet steak for medium?
Cooking times for filet mignon Each side will take 214 minutes. Medium-rare: 314 minutes each side for medium-rare. Medium: 412 minutes per half for medium.
What temp is medium-rare filet mignon?
Internal temperature should reach 120 degrees F for rare, 125 degrees F for medium rare, and 130 degrees F for medium rare before removing from the heat source. This should take no more than ten minutes. Allow the steaks to rest in the pan for at least 5 minutes before serving (temperature should rise another 5 degrees).
What goes good with filet mignon?
- Cooking with Steak: 23 Delectable Side Dishes (Part 1) A side of Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes is served.
- Mushrooms Bordelaise, number 2 of 23.
- Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon (number 3 of 23).
- Duck Fat Fries (number 4 of 23).
- Classic Popovers (number 5 of 23)
- Classic Wedge Salad (number 6 of 23).
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries (number 7 out of 23).
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes (number 8 of 23)
How long do you cook steak on a grill?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown and slightly scorched.Turn the steaks over and continue to grill for 3 to 5 minutes longer for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit), 5 to 7 minutes longer for medium (140 degrees Fahrenheit), or 8 to 10 minutes longer for medium-well (an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit) (150 degrees F).
How hot should the grill be for steak?
Clean your grill’s cooking grates and set your grill’s temperature to direct, high heat. Cooking steaks at a temperature between 450°F and 500°F produces the finest results. Place your steaks on the grill, shut the lid, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your steaks. 5.